While trying to access any website from the web browser of your computer on which you have configured the range extender, if you continue to find the Netgear Genie screen on the PC, then there is a need to pay some attention.
This problem mostly happens if the extender is not properly configured or if the extender is disconnected from the main router’s network.
Now, we will discuss the steps to remove the Netgear genie that continues to appear even after configuring the range extender. If you find that the Netgear genie doesn’t open properly when you perform the range extender setup, then you can contact the genie experts who know about it in detail.
- Restart the main router and the extender by disconnecting it from the power supply and connect it again after 5 seconds.
- Connect to the default Wi-Fi name of your range extender.
- Open the web browser and run the extender setup wizard.
- If the issue is still at large or continues to display on the screen, then the best solution is to reset the extender to the factory default.
- If you don’t know how to factory reset the Netgear Genie extender, then you can click on the link which says, ‘How to reset the range extender to default settings’.
- Clear the browser cache and cookies along with the recent history. The steps to delete the cookies are simple and can be checked from the browser instructions itself.
- Connect the computer to the range extender SSID.
- Open the web browser and configure the extender using the Netgear Genie. If the Netgear genie setup not working, then click on ‘How to setup Netgear using Genie’.
Note: Place the extender in such a direction or position that it can receive 40% of the signal strength.
- After the extender gets configured, try to browse the internet now after restarting your computer.
If the problem is still not resolved, you can go to the Mywifiext fix link and talk to experts.