While trying to access any website from the web browser of your computer on which you have configured the range extender, if you continue to find the Netgear Genie screen on the PC, then there is a need to pay some attention.
This problem mostly happens if the extender is not properly configured or if the extender is disconnected from the main router’s network.
Now, we will discuss the steps to remove the Netgear genie that continues to appear even after configuring the range extender. If you find that the Netgear genie doesn’t open properly when you perform the range extender setup, then you can contact the genie experts who know about it in detail.
- Restart the main router and the extender by disconnecting it from the power supply and connect it again after 5 seconds.
- Connect to the default Wi-Fi name of your range extender.
- Open the web browser and run the extender setup wizard.
- If the issue is still at large or continues to display on the screen, then the best solution is to reset the extender to the factory default.
- If you don’t know how to factory reset the Netgear Genie extender, then you can click on the link which says, ‘How to reset the range extender to default settings’.
- Clear the browser cache and cookies along with the recent history. The steps to delete the cookies are simple and can be checked from the browser instructions itself.
- Connect the computer to the range extender SSID.
- Open the web browser and configure the extender using the Netgear Genie. If the Netgear genie setup not working, then click on ‘How to setup Netgear using Genie’.
Note: Place the extender in such a direction or position that it can receive 40% of the signal strength.
- After the extender gets configured, try to browse the internet now after restarting your computer.
If the problem is still not resolved, you can go to the Mywifiext fix link and talk to experts.
Are you facing issues with mywifiext.net login? Unable to install or setup Netgear wifi extender? If the answer to these questions is yes, then don’t worry. You are at right post. Here in this post we will help you with troubleshooting mywifiext.net so that you can solve any related issue with ease. If you are unable to access mywifiext.net, then you can use alternative options to access mywifiext.net login page. You can access this page by entering Default IP Address i.e. 192.168.1.250. When you setup the Netgear wifi extender make sure it is connected physically and properly to your existing wifi router via Ethernet Cable. Below is the list of some reasons behind this issue:
- Netgear extender is not plugged in properly and not receiving continues power supply. Because of this a reliable internet connection is not established between the extender and router, so you experience issues while trying to access mywifiext.net login and setup page.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your range extender, router and networking device is functioning properly.
- Make sure your wifi router and extender is placed at same place or just 15-20 feet away.
- Make sure your wifi extender firmware is updated.
Mywifiext.Net Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve Setup And Login Issues
- Make an exit from the current web browser.
- Open another web browser and make sure you have typed the correct web URL into the address bar.
- Make sure that your existing wifi router and Netgear extender are getting proper power supply.
- Clear the junk files, cache and cookies from the web browser that you are using.
- Do not hide your router. Live and active wifi signals are very important for the new extender setup process and to access mywifiext.net setup and login page.
- Place your extender away from concrete walls, metal appliances, Bluetooth speakers, Microwave Oven, Reflection of mirror, fish tanks, security alarms and electronic gadgets.
- Disconnected all the connected devices and cables with the Netgear Extender.
- Power off your Netgear extender and wifi router as well.
- Reboot your wifi router first and after 2-3 minutes, restart your Netgear range Extender.
Now, try to access mywifiext.net setup page and setup your netgear wifi router range extender. You can click on the link to know how to setup Netgear Extender. You can also take help of My WiFi Ext Fix experts any issue related with Netgear Extender.