Sealing a paver surface is beneficial for many reasons. First and foremost, the pavers will be protected from grease, spills, oil stains, etc. In addition to preventing stains, many sealers can dramatically improve the appearance of a home or business. A “wet” look or high-gloss sealer brings out the colors of each paver. For those individuals and companies desiring less of a visual impact there are “satin” and “natural” finishes that provide the same great protection while minimizing the changes in appearance. You can also view more information at https://www.longislandhelpfulservices.com/paver-sealing/.
Here is a quick summary of both the aesthetic and functional benefits you can expect from sealing your pavers:
- APPEARANCE – Enhance the appearance of your hardscape with a sealer that is able to bring out and intensify the natural paver colors. In many cases, the change can be quite a dramatic improvement.
- MAINTENANCE – Sealing pavers creates a surface that improves maintenance efforts by making it faster and easier to clean. Sealed surfaces can be wiped down with a mild detergent or pressure washed to remove any spills, dirt and debris.
- PROTECTION – Sealed surfaces are more resistant to undesired stains such as oil, food and drink spills, etc. Some sealers also may protect against salts, acids, and other corrosive substances.
- PRESERVATION – A UV-rated sealer will not yellow as it protects the paver colors from fading under a constant barrage of harmful sunlight.
- STABILIZATION – Many sealers can reinforce pavement integrity by stabilizing joint sand which also deters weed growth and insect activity such as ant hills.
- VERSATILITY – The same sealer used on your pavers can also be used on other areas in your hardscape including concrete, exposed aggregate, stone, etc.
Once your pavers are installed, sealing them is the logical next step. It protects your investment and gives them that added visual punch to really make your property stand out. Consider hiring a professional paver sealing company to complete your project. Search the Internet and visit a local professional’s website to see some photos of the results they are capable of achieving.