An ophthalmologist is an eye specialist who provides primary eye care services that involve:
* They examine the eye for retinal diseases and other diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts. In certain parts of the world. The optometrists in Toronto via https://drdorioeyecare.com/ provide treatments regarding these diseases.
* They diagnose the body to understand their effect on the eye including hypertension or diabetes.
* They diagnose conditions such as astigmatism, amblyopia, nearsightedness, farsightedness, and presbyopia and provide necessary treatments.
* They detect and correct vision problems through prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses. They may also offer rehabilitation to vision problems through drugs and minor surgical procedures.
Image Source: Google
An Ophthalmologist is MD for the eyes and trained to provide complete eye care and have the training to perform delicate eye surgery.
A patient needs to visit an eye doctor, if:
* He requires a basic eye exam, regardless of their age
* He is in need contact lenses or glasses checked
* When children require a child's eye examination
* When patients require special fitting contact lenses such as glasses, high astigmatism lenses, lens used after surgery and so on
There are many reasons people want to go to the eye doctor. Ophthalmologists use a state of the art detection systems and eye examinations to diagnose the smallest eye problems..They can also provide a variety of solutions for their patient’s problems.