This is why many couples and families who are in the process of building a brand new home are looking for ways to make it more energy efficient. To help you achieve this, you should contact home builders who have experience with constructing houses according to energy star ratings. There are a number of ways that these Aspen home builders will be able to help you out, including:
- Effective Insulation – To ensure that your home is energy efficient and as comfortable as possible, you will need to make sure that your insulation has been properly installed.
- With proper insulation, you will find that your property is subjected to excessive levels of heat in summer and extreme levels of cold in winter. Homebuilders who specialize in energy-star-rated structures will ensure that your insulation covers every surface, from the exterior walls and ceilings to the floors.
- High Performance Windows – To help you save money on your electricity bills, you should look at having some high-performance windows and skylights installed in your home.
- Not only will these give your family the chance to enjoy spectacular views and all the warmth of natural lighting, energy star rated windows will also help to protect the interior of your home, as upholstery and photographs tend to weather in excessive sunlight.
- Close-fitted Duct Systems – Home builders can provide you with ducted systems that provide improved comfort, lower energy consumption, reduced equipment cost and improved indoor air quality.
- Before installation, all ducts will be checked by an authorized third party where they are tested and verified for tightness and correct insulation.